Compiling TortoiseCVS with Microsoft Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition (Visual Studio 2008)
- Checkout TortoiseCVS source tree:
In this document, I'll use [TortoiseCVS] to refer to the top directory of this sandbox - c:\prog\TortoiseCVS in my case.
- Download the "flex++", "bison" and "m4" packages from the GnuWin32 project
and install in the default location (that is, %PROGRAMFILES%\GnuWin32).
- Download and install CMake (latest release: 2.6.2)
- Execute runcmake-vc9.bat (preferably in a CMD console window). This should create all the required project files.
- Open [TortoiseCVS]\build\vc9win32\TortoiseCVS.sln in Visual Studio and build the solution.
- The main shell extension should build fine. I didn't bother to go beyond that (no translations, no InnoSetup installer, ...). I just copy TortoiseAct.exe and TortoiseShell.dll onto an existing TortoiseCVS installation (ok, it may be tricky sometimes) and that's all.